July 23, 2009

Toddler Bed Triumph

I put together Henry's toddler bed yesterday. In the evening as I went to tuck him in, he waved and said, "bye". Two hours later he called for me. I usually do not respond quickly in the hope that he will soothe himself and get back to sleep. However, since it was his first night in a big boy bed, I called upstairs, "Yes, Henry, what do you need?"

"Arbij" (garbage)

Well, I went straight upstairs expecting see that he had shredded book pages and made a mess. Nope, Henry was still in bed. He was holding an empty box of raisins. I have no idea where that came from! I took the box from him and he laid back down.

He slept all night and waited until I told him it was time to have breakfast before he successfully attempted to climb out. I was anxious about this milestone and, as usual, Henry showed me that he could navigate the change just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment