Don't you wish there was a freshman class on this? (I probably would have taken it twice) Thanks to Jen, I get to take the online version. No credit hours, final exam or CPDUs. Yet, taking a moment to reflect on 10 Things That Make Me Happy is just the lesson I needed. I learned a lot while preparing this post.
At 6 am, I quickly typed a list of the first ten things that came to mind. Then, as I moved through our morning routine, additional "happiness" points came to mind. I began to edit the original list. What a wonderful way to start the day--realizing there are more than ten things that make me truly happy and that most of them are well within reach these days. That thought, in and of itself, is a blessing and life lesson. Here's my list:
- Making both my children laugh at the same time.
- Sitting on the floor doing puzzles with Henry. "Where this go, mom...where this go?"
- Seeing Liam's impish smile when our eyes meet.
- A long chat with a good friend. Remembering the past, processing the present and making future plans.
- Unexpected words of kindness spoken unconditionally.
- Even on the weeks when money is very tight and I can't afford Henry's Happy Meal, knowing that my children will be able to go to college.
- Spring Rolls and Pad Thai with Tofu
- Sitting, knitting and watching a good (but not too gory) BBC mystery.
- Having time to read and then discuss a great book with friends.
- Making connections with other moms who get it. I need all the support and laughter I can get*
- Sitting next to my old dog who still loves me even though he gets a fraction of my attention.
- Starbucks Via and Peppermint CoffeeMate (on those days when I can't get out for real coffee)
*That's why I'm passing this award along to the following bloggers
Demeter's 2 Joys
Skip To My Lou
Kimmyann's Journey to Motherhood..
Life With Eliza Grace
Kool Aid Mom Wanna Be
The Crooked Path
♥Whole Lotta Mama♥
Now you, too, can choose to:
List 10 things that make you happy.
Try and do at least one of them today.
Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.
Link back to the person that tagged you.