...which is why this week's post is short and sweet. There are just too many things swirling around in my mind to write a coherent, focused post. Nothing major is going on--just thousands of little things. Add to that a long holiday weekend that jarred our (okay, my) sense of routine and being weeks behind in grading middle school assignments....well, it's a wonder I can stop to write anything at all this week. In random order, here's what is running through my mind at any given moment:
- Liam has one month left of preschool. One month, that's it. Forever.
- Henry hasn't had a growth spurt for a while--is he eating enough?
- Summer is around the corner, have I signed up for enough activities? Too many?
- Why is the buzzer on the dryer so loud? It's going to wake up the boys.
- Why didn't I make last week's test multiple choice? 157 short-answer papers to grade. Might as well be a million.
- Who made a generous, yet anonymous gift to our family?
- Will I ever finish that scarf I'm knitting? Why did I even start it?
- Should I go back to school? Again? Will I have job security if I don't?
- If I do go back to graduate school, I've narrowed my choices down to two programs. Now what? Meanwhile, deadlines pass.
- Why would I consider going back to school if I don't even have time to finish knitting the scarf I started in December?
- Henry took a bad fall at school today. All his bandages will need to be changed in morning. How will I do this and still get us out the door on time?
- Should I remind Liam that he has Show and Tell? Will doing so delay us even more in the morning?
- Did I buy too much today at the Target 'store closing' sale? Too little?
- Why would a Target store close? What is this world coming to?
I haven't the answer to these or any other questions. Truthfully, I'd rather just look at my new favorites on Instagram and call it a day.