November 23, 2012

Random Thoughts, The Late Night Version

I finally finished watching the two dvr'd episodes of Ken Burns' The Dust Bowl.  It took all week because a) by the time it's quiet enough to sit on the sofa, I've been up for 16 hours and am close to falling asleep and b) the story and images were so heartbreaking that I found them better absorbed in small doses.

Despite what Wikipedia states, I've never believed that the Chinese saying "May you live in interesting times" was a curse.  Who wants to live in a boring century?  For what it's worth, I enjoy living in a fascinating, changeable world.  I just never want the times to get so intensely interesting that Ken Burns creates a documentary about them.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I just read your link - I will definitely be watching out for this on television; I'm sure it will make it's way here at some point.

    ReplyDelete