There are no bad days, only good lessons. Ok, even I don't believe that. Still I did learn quite a bit during my first week back to work after maternity leave.
- I can never have too many back-up plans when it comes to childcare.
- People living more than a thousand miles away are part of my village.
- People I see often do not necessarily want to live in my village.
- A simple, sincere apology provides needed closure. Leave well enough alone.
- Making playdough trains on the bathroom floor before I rush out the door is one of the best ways to start the day.
- Since I am away from him all day, I actually look forward to nursing the baby twice in the middle of the night. Then again, maybe not.
- I must be prepared for the Medela to break down and need repair on my lunch break.