August 30, 2009

Seven Things I Learned from Last Week

There are no bad days, only good lessons.  Ok, even I don't believe that.  Still I did learn quite a bit during my first week back to work after maternity leave.


  1. I can never have too many back-up plans when it comes to childcare.

  2. People living more than a thousand miles away are part of my village.
  3. People I see often do not necessarily want to live in my village.
  4. A simple, sincere apology provides needed closure.  Leave well enough alone.
  5. Making playdough trains on the bathroom floor before I rush out the door is one of the best ways to start the day.
  6. Since I am away from him all day, I actually look forward to nursing the baby twice in the middle of the night.  Then again, maybe not.
  7. I must be prepared for the Medela to break down and need repair on my lunch break.



No comments:

Post a Comment