September 20, 2009

I Love My Village

No, not the one with the yellow garbage stickers.  I'm referring to the village that surrounds my children with care. It is filled with very special people.  It goes without saying that I cannot sustain our happy family life without them.  I count my blessings everyday that there are many people who support us with their hands-on help, encouraging e-mails, a fun playdate, a gentle smile or a whispered prayer.

I still worry that a strong wind and the storms of life will scatter the residents of our village.  Henry, Liam and I could be left behind or forced to seek shelter among strangers. Yet I am slowly learning to stop scanning the horizon for clouds.   My children are very special--they deserve to live on the sunny side of the street. 

Thank you to everyone who treats my children with loving kindness.  Because of you, they will build their own village one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment