July 6, 2010

Pulling Down the Shades, Closing the Shutters

Well, I don't have shades or shutters but the sad events of this weekend make me wish could retreat to the relative safety of my home, stay on the sofa and watch cartoons with the boys.  We are out of Cheetos and apple juice so I know I will have to leave home sooner or later.  Right now even a trip to the grocery store seems to require more energy than I have.

On Sunday, our eleven year old Boston Terrier was hit by a car.  I did not know the side gate was open when I let him out back into the fenced in yard.  Right now, Spencer is home from the emergency animal clinic.  His prognosis is unknown.  He is in a lot of pain and unable to walk.  I will take him back to the veterinarian tomorrow.

Spencer was my very first baby and gave me so many years of unconditional love and loyalty.  He is incredibly innocent and special.  For a while that's all I'll say about the situation.

13 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for what your going through with your dog...I hope he recovers!

    Big Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for what you're going through. I lost my 14 year old cat that had been through EVERYTHING with me from a tumor when I was pregnant with my son. Hardest thing I have been through in a long time. So I feel what you're going through. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. I do hope Spencer recovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this just breaks my heart. I am so, so sorry. I hope Spencer was feeling a little better today and you have good news at the vet tomorrow. I am sure he knows how much you love him and is so happy you are right by his side right now.
    Thinking of you-
    BIG hug-

    ReplyDelete
  5. My God... my heart is breaking for you. I do hope he recovers and isn't in too much pain. He is lucky to have you there with him and he feels your love, above all else. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking of you and Spencer. I know how it is to see a long-time furry best friend be in so much pain and then lose them. Hang in there, as best you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no. Big hugs and prayers for Spencer. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope and pray for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear. Hope he recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to what you are facing. In 2005 our 18 month old golden retriever got hit by a car and broke his back. It's not easy. I am praying for Spencer and that he'll make a full recovery. I pray the pain subsides.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so so sorry to hear this news. I had my dog Darby for almost 12 years. She was my first baby - with me through a divorce (he said "the dog goes or I go" - no, seriously, he did), grad school, move after move after move, and the sickness of my pregnancy. She had a tumor and I had to let her go when my wee one was only 9 weeks old.

    Pets are so very special to us, and I'm sure to your boys as well. Prayers for a speedy and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww hope your doggy gets well soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! I haven't been reading blogs lately and I'm so sad to hear about your dog! That is so sad. I can't even imagine. Hope he gets better soon! I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just came back from my holidays and read this. I am so sorry about your dog. I know it is hard to see our pets in pain. I hope Spencer gets better. It is heart breaking when something happens to them, they are like family members. Sending lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete