- Up before 6 am. Prepared both boys for the day.
- After dropping Liam at daycare, took Henry to his first day of PreKindergarten
- Sobbed as I drove away.
- Went to home improvement store (with no mascara left) special ordered new microwave rangehood.
- Next store: purchased Halloween costume materials for both boys
- Next store: Ten days worth of groceries
- In parking lot, take phone call from hysterical babysitter and listen to why she cannot come over later. Worry about her.
- Rush home to put meat and milk in refrigerator and make noon pick-up at PreK
- Greet my smiling boy and hear all about his morning
- Take Henry out to lunch (best part of the day)
- Arrive on time for 1:40 pediatrician appointment. Learn that Henry is a severe pronator (but dr. is impressed with his reading skills). Collect referral slip and add phone call to my to-do list.
- Pick up Liam from daycare and hear all about his day.
- Make (small, miniscule) dent in basic household chores.
- Make dinner consisting of three favorite foods (even thought they don't go together) so I can be sure the boys will actually eat.
- Dress boys in pajamas and brush their teeth at 6 pm because they didn't take naps and really need to get ready for bed before they hit the wall of resistance. You know that wall. It's game over if they get that far.
- Give brand new babysitter last minute instructions about bedtime, snacks and tv remote.
- Drive to school for Curriculum Night. Make it with one minute to spare.
- Answer flood of emails that came in while I had the "day off". Try to put out as many fires as possible.
- Speak with parents, talking as fast as I can. Struggle with Smartboard technology. Talk faster.
- Turn out classroom lights and make 45 minute commute in 30 minutes because babysitters turn into pumpkins at 9:30. Or so I'm told.
- Kiss boys while they sleep then go back downstairs to clean up playroom "dress-up" mess.
- Type this list because even I find it hard to believe I made it through this day.
September 7, 2011
What I did on Wednesday