January 5, 2013

Finally...Fun!

I had such high hopes for our Winter Break.  Sixteen days filled with family memories.  Baking, playing, tidying up and making needed home improvements and most of all, lots of educational outings.  Museums, libraries, nature walks...

Of course, life is what happens when you are making other plans.  Aside from one trip to the library and a couple of visits to small, indoor playgrounds, we did very little of note on our staycation.  Finally, today we were able to travel to our favorite children's museum.  It's enough of a drive to make it feel like a roadtrip.  It seems the second we get on the expressway, Henry has to use the restroom at the truck stop up ahead.  On the way back, we always stop for ice cream at the same highway exit.


I'm not looking forward to returning to work but I know that when I get back in the classroom, I'll be happy to be there.  I'm grateful to have a job that allows me to spend holidays and summer with my family.  Still, it would be nice to be independently wealthy--I'd homeschool my children and my house would be in better repair.  Ahh, if wishes were horses...

Despite very few big ticket outings, the three of us bonded quite a bit over the past two weeks.  We watched lots of Disney Channel shows and most of the DIY network line-up.  We played Richard Scarry's Busytown Eye Found It about a hundred times and read an endless stream of rhyming picture books.  I may not have lots of unique photos to place in heavily embellished scrapbooks but we made memories all the same. That's what our family time is all about.


This construction toy is called LOKON--Henry loved it! (Wish I could find a US store that carried it!)
Wouldn't this be fun to have at home?

3 comments:

  1. Independently wealthy. Sigh. If only. I love your memories. Great museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for good memories!! & OMG that house is a dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does that mean 'if wishes were horses?' Call me uneducated :)

    And oh my goodness that wood house looks amazing!! How fun is that?!?

    ReplyDelete