October 11, 2009

Fun-Filled Fall Day


We don't have too many annual traditions yet, but here's one I'd like to start.  Today we spent an October Sunday at the pumpkin patch for the second year in a row.  Last year I was expecting Liam and recovering from pneumonia.  This year was A LOT more fun.  There are many activities and sights at this large pumpkin farm.  I find that I can spend as much or as little money as I want.  The petting zoo, concessions and gift shop are expensive.  Today, however, I bought a few snacks and three pumpkins.  Everything else was free.  It was especially refreshing to be outside on a sunny autumn day.  I think Henry really enjoyed all the running, climbing and being with kids his own age!  I hope we can make time for this tradition every year.  It will be fun to compare the photos and see how the children are changing along with the season!

1 comment:

  1. I love fall and all the colors and fun fall things like pumpkins and gourds and apples. We have taken Jordan to the pumpkin patch and the apple orchard out towards Rockford that Chad went to when he was growing up. Last year we found the sweetest pumpkin patch just down the street from our house. I think simple traditions where you are all spending time together are the most imporatnt. :)

    ReplyDelete