April 21, 2012

Enjoy Every Moment...It Goes So Fast

Yes.  Yes, it does.  But to be honest with you I'm just the tiniest bit tired of hearing that.  Okay, I'm really, really tired in general.  That's why I'm reposting this from Glennon Melton at The Huffington Post.  I'm just too tired to compose the post describing our recent fishing trip.  (Synopsis:   I am not a fish person.  The boys had a wonderful time and want to go again.  Tomorrow.) 

If for some reason this link doesn't work, search for Don't Carpe Diem on the HP site.  It's really quite a comforting read for moms who do too much or those who worry that they're not doing enough, or those that worry that they're not worrying enough, or moms who want to do more but worry that it's too much...

Really, stop reading my blog and click the link--it's much better than this post.

4 comments:

  1. Will make this tonight's reading, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. Makes me feel guilty when people tell me how time passes quickly, because obviously I should be enjoying myself more..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, yes, we all know the drill! But, really, isn't that just true about life in general? Yes, I hear it all the time, too...and I'm tired of hearing it...I suppose it's just a way for some people to make conversation - like talking about the weather, right? But, it does make me panicky, too...I try to live by that motto all the time - doesn't mean I want to hear it from others every day!

    Hope you enjoyed the fishing with the boys...snicker...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link. I especially like when she said, "Why is it that the second a mother admits that it's hard, people feel the need to suggest that maybe she's not doing it right?" this it so tue!!

    ReplyDelete